Vocational and Spiritual Prayers

This is a blog designed just for prayers, writtings, or other types of literature that i may come across during the day. These prayers or types of Liturature are for your own use for prayer time or just to reflect on.

Sunday, May 15, 2005

He Asked Me To

It seems so very long ago,
in a place so far away,
That I heard my name so softly called
In the middle of the day.

At first I did notcomprehend--
I looked with a modern view.
But Psych. and Soc. a life don't command--
HE was asking me to.

"You don't undersatand--I'm to be a nurse,
And I've music yet to play,
And then I'll serve my country first,
And then I'll steer you way."

But, deep inside, i knew He knew
These protests were all in vain.
He stood serenely, calling still,
His love an endless refrain.

"Take this ring," HE said to me,
"Till death do us unite,
As shoulder to shoulder and hand in hand
We labor from morning to night."

The world,
aghast and ready to roll,
Qyestions in deep dismay,
"You're pretty, you're smart, you're in control!
Why throw it away?"

And He and I exchanged a smile,
The answer's so old but so new,
Four little words, devoid of guile:
"He asked me to."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home